You may decide to incorporate environmentally-friendly, sustainable and energy-saving building elements into your custom home. Green solutions can:
- Add value to your home
- Reduce energy use and costs
- Fight climate change, and
- Improve your quality of life, comfort and health
As a NAHB Certified Green Professional, David Baud can use green construction methods in the design and building phases of your project, and guide you in selecting various green solutions such as environmentally preferred building materials, water efficiency, waste reduction, indoor air quality and more.
Going “green” means different things to different people. It can be as simple as recycling your paper and plastics to building a National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Emerald level home, with many options in between such as:
- Water-heating alternatives such as geothermal systems
- Energy-saving lighting and appliances
- Installing radiant heat or an inside air exchange and filtration system that provides healthy air to breathe
- Exposure of your home to sun and shade
- Strategic landscaping and siding, and
- Using low VOC paints and carpeting
Contact David Baud today to tap his experience, knowledge and resources as a Certified Green Professional.